The Montreal Canadiens spent the 2013 off-season addressing various holes in their organizational depth chart and now have good balance throughout their system. Montreal's management philosophy is to give their prospects every opportunity to seize a spot on the NHL roster. The organization is not afraid to put rookies into regular season NHL games for evaluation purposes and the approach has worked very well so far.
The Montreal Canadiens 2013 Hockey's Future Prospect Awards are based on the 2012-13 regular season performances in all the leagues in which a Canadiens prospect has played. The award winners are selected by the HF writers and decided on after all the tabulations of the opinions from the HF staff.
The Montreal Canadiens' prospects as a group have shown solid improvement to their overall games this season. Some players have struggled with injuries and finding their games again but most of the group are exceeding their play of last year. The organization's depth and skill in their talent pool is probably the best it's been in quite some time.
- Filip Forsberg is the first player with back-to-back hat tricks in 7 years
- Proposal: Andy Greene at the deadline
- Confirmed with Link: Ducks Acquire RW Patrick Eaves for Conditional 2017 2nd
- Confirmed with Link: Eaves to Anaheim for cond. 2nd
- Confirmed Trade with Link: [ANA/DAL] Patrick Eaves for conditional 2017 2nd round pick
- Stand Up Specials Reviews