Obviously, the 2010-11 NHL season was from the Colorado Avalanche perspective a forgettable one. The team finished a mere six points ahead of the cellar-dwelling Edmonton Oilers. Matt Duchene was the team’s leading scorer in just his second season in the league, but the goaltending trio of Craig Anderson, Peter Budaj and Brian Elliott all posted save percentages under .900. Legendary Avs Peter Forsberg and Adam Foote each played their last games in the NHL that season as well, signalling the closing of an era of dominance. Read more»
Dustin Bradford/Icon SMI)
Last summer’s second overall pick at the NHL Draft, Gabriel Landeskog of the Colorado Avalanche, jumped straight into the NHL as many thought he might. Landeskog has traveled far in one year's time, as he now stands as a finalist for the Calder Trophy given to the NHL's Rookie of the Year.
Ric Tapia/Icon SMI)
While this season’s rookie class may not quite rival that of last year’s youngsters, there have been several impact rookies. Here is a look at three Calder Trophy favorites and their achievements this season.*
- CHL ban to EU import goalies - was it worth?
- Tarasenko/Blues give fan a special birthday present
- NBC to use Dallas announcers for Sunday's B's/Stars game and that is OK
- GDT: #59| New York Islanders @ Detroit Red Wings | February 21st | 7:30 PM | F/TBD
- Guys - Beard Oil.... Do you use it?
- Proposal: Cgy-dal