The 2011 NHL Draft was a forgettable one for the Washington Capitals.
Washington traded away its first round pick to the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for Troy Brouwer and Chicago used that pick to select Philip Danault. That transaction left Washington with just four picks, all on the second day of the draft. Read more»
With opening night having come to pass, the Washington Captials can count two major prospects in the professional level now. Heavily-touted prospects Andre Burakovsky and Evgeny Kuznetsov played for the Capitals on opening night of the 2014-15 season against the Montreal Canadiens, with Burakovsky picking up the Capitals first goal of the season.
The Washington Capitals have stockpiled a top-heavy group of prospects featuring forwards such as Evgeny Kuznetsov, Tom Wilson, and Chandler Stephenson. On the blue line and in net, the cupboard is a bit drier, but there still are some promising young players like Philipp Grubauer and Madison Bowey.
- 9-27-16 8 PM World Cup Final - Game 1 - FINAL SCORE - CBC, SN, ESPN, TVA
- Which prospect would you rather now and in the future?
- Speculation: Alex Tanguay - Any word?
- Best win that *DIDN'T* involve your NFL team/College you have felt as a football fan?
- HF Partner: Top Ranked Prospects
- HF Partner Meet a New Canuck: Philip Larsen