After five years on the job general manager Chuck Fletcher has made his mark on the Minnesota Wild, swiftly rebuilding a franchise that had lost its way. He has assembled a promising young core of Mikael Granlund, Jonas Brodin, Nino Niederreiter, Charlie Coyle, Jared Spurgeon, Erik Haula, Darcy Kuemper, Matt Dumba, and Christian Folin. With a strong group of veterans brought in via trade and free agency to supplement the few holdovers from the prior administrative regime, this leaves very little room for true prospects at the moment.
The Minnesota Wild organization does things just a little differently than other teams. Rather than relying heavily on the CHL or the European leagues, the Wild has drafted many players bound for U.S. colleges in recent years. This affords the team additional flexibility with contracts and salary while also potentially yielding professional assets who may have had a longer developmental timeframe (Erik Haula is the big success story so far).
- GDT: Chicago Blackhawks at Los Angeles Kings - November 29, 2014 - 7:00 p.m. (PST)
- Celebrity Death: Author P.D James (Children of men) age 94
- Pre-Game Talk: Rangers - Flyers (11/28/14)
- What team(s) that have started out strong, are most likely to fade?
- Value of: Frolik to Montreal
- Robidas value is showing now.