The Winnipeg Jets had many of their prospects in the AHL with the Manitoba Moose during the 2015-16 season. As a result, that team struggled, but several players made great strides toward a potential promotion to the NHL. The team also had several players – but especially the electrifying Nikolaj Ehlers – get quality minutes in the NHL. Though growing pains are part of the Jets’ approach to team-building right now, the prospect pool is also full of top performers in their own age groups.
Making the playoffs last season for the first time since 2006-07 — when the franchise played in Atlanta and was known as the Thrashers — the Winnipeg Jets appear to have things heading in the right direction: with several young prospects working their way into roles in the NHL lineup.
Led by a veteran lineup and some outstanding goaltending from current Jets rookie Michael Hutchinson the St. John’s IceCaps won the Eastern Conference playoff title before falling to the Texas Stars in the 2013-14 Calder Cup finals. With Hutchinson and several key players from that team playing elsewhere this season, the IceCaps struggled to start the year but are playing better of late.
- 10/23/2016 04:05 PM - San Diego Chargers at Atlanta Falcons
- GDT: HFBoards GDT | 10/22/16
- 10/23/2016 01:00 PM - Baltimore Ravens at New York Jets
- 10/23/2016 01:00 PM - Indianapolis Colts at Tennessee Titans
- 10/23/2016 01:00 PM - Oakland Raiders at Jacksonville Jaguars
- 10/23/2016 01:00 PM - Buffalo Bills at Miami Dolphins