The Ottawa Senators went on a fantastic playoff run in 2013, but the most surprising aspect of their success was that it came a season or two earlier than expected. Much of their success can be attributed to the emergence of many top prospects who made an impact in the 2012-13 NHL season.
In what is looking like it will come down to a two-player race, Florida winger Jonathan Huberdeau, who continues to lead the disappointing Florida Panthers in scoring, and 20-year-old Brendan Gallagher, who has played a key role for the surprising Montreal Canadiens, have begun to move clear from the rest of the rookie field.
Many of the players in the middle section of the Hockey's Future 2013 Spring ranking of the Top 50 NHL prospects have experienced excellent growth over the past season and have risen in the ranks as a result. Among the most notable is Minnesota Wild defenseman Jonas Brodin, who has played well for the Wild in a shutdown role alongside Ryan Suter.
- Filip Forsberg is the first player with back-to-back hat tricks in 7 years
- Proposal: Andy Greene at the deadline
- Confirmed with Link: Ducks Acquire RW Patrick Eaves for Conditional 2017 2nd
- Confirmed with Link: Eaves to Anaheim for cond. 2nd
- Confirmed Trade with Link: [ANA/DAL] Patrick Eaves for conditional 2017 2nd round pick
- Stand Up Specials Reviews