The 2008-09 NHL season ended with the Ottawa Senators missing the playoffs for the first time since 1996. The team was in decline, but the 2009 NHL Draft proved to be a fruitful one in what became a relatively quick and successful rebuild. General manager Bryan Murray's staff made quality selections, covering each positional area of the ice.
As an organization, the Ottawa Senators were able to gain invaluable experience during the recent playoff season. The NHL club exceeded most predictions and made the playoffs in what was supposed to be a rebuilding season. Many observers credited a portion of their success to a core group of young players who played a major role in the Binghamton Senators championship run in the 2010-11 AHL playoffs.
- Rumor: Friedman about possible NHL salaries of Shipachev and Dadonov
- GDT: GAME #73: Canucks @ Blues | 5:00 p.m. PST, Sportsnet Pacific
- How good was McDavid tonight?
- Would you consider Sean Couturier a disappointment?
- Tavares vs Seguin vs Backstrom
- Non Sabres fans how do you assess the job Tim Murray's done so far?