Jason Dickinson had one of the more memorable “three-in-threes” of his life last week.
Three-in-threes are typically synonymous with a grinding stretch of three games, often with travel included, in the minor leagues. They are physically taxing on the body, and in the NHL, three games in three nights are against the collective bargaining agreement. Read more»
The Dallas Stars have been a finely-tuned offensive machine in the 2015-16 season, which is good because the prospect pool is a little short on elite-level talent. Nor is the situation helped by the loss of Brett Pollock to Calgary in the Kris Russell trade, and the graduation of Mattias Janmark. A good mix of intelligent players and useful depth players make up most of the pipeline. Standout players like Julius Honka and power forward Brett Ritchie do provide impact upside.
In this week’s Prospect Faceoff, we take a look at Quebec Remparts goaltender Callum Booth, who has been the team’s saving grace during a rough stretch. He will be opposed by a former first overall pick, Daniel Audette, who has a chip on his shoulder and something to prove. Also in this week’s edition, one underrated forward on North Dakota is garnering attention, as are a pair of draft-eligible skaters who are in weekend competition. Read more»
- How likely is the departure of Dinamo Rīga from KHL in the next few years?
- Proposal: Trouba for Hanifin
- NFL Preseason: Cincinnati Bengals @ Jacksonville Jaguars | 8/28/16 | 8PM ET
- NFL Preseason: Arizona Cardinals @ Houston Texans | 8/28/16 | 4:25PM ET
- NFL Preseason: San Diego Chargers @ Minnesota Vikings | 8/28/16 | 1PM ET
- What if the Rangers Do Not Make Another Significant Preseason Trade