The 2008-09 NHL season ended with the Ottawa Senators missing the playoffs for the first time since 1996. The team was in decline, but the 2009 NHL Draft proved to be a fruitful one in what became a relatively quick and successful rebuild. General manager Bryan Murray's staff made quality selections, covering each positional area of the ice.
After several years of strong drafting by the Ottawa Senators, a healthy competition for a limited amount of NHL jobs has developed among their young players. A wealth of Swedish prospects, led by goalie Robin Lehner, has served Ottawa well in recent years. They also have several first round picks, including Cody Ceci and Curtis Lazar, who are on track to become impactful NHL players.
The Ottawa Senators organization is no longer a wasteland for goaltending prospects. Robin Lehner, Chris Driedger, and Marcus Hogberg highlight a deep goalie prospect list with high expectations attached. Sweden remains the European melting pot for Senators prospects, and as usual a crop of under-the-radar NCAA prospects are making a splash.
- RW Lenni Killinen - Blues U20, FIN JRs (2018 Draft)
- C Nicholas Wong - Oshawa Generals, OHL (2020 Draft)
- 10 years in is Kane more of a superstar than Sakic or Yzerman
- Max Pacioretty extension
- GDT: If you're bored : Kings Vs Canucks right now
- GDT: Kings vs Canucks GM 2 : 9.23.17 -Live from China NHL Network 12:30 am pst