An injury riddled 2012-13 season saw the Carolina Hurricanes miss the playoffs for a fourth straight year. The organization finished tied for the fifth worst record in the NHL and struggled mightily to keep the puck out of their own net. Despite their struggles last season, the Hurricanes head into the 2013-14 season with a ‘win now’ mentality.
An injury laden 2012-13 season derailed the Carolina Hurricanes hopes of qualifying for the playoffs, a feat they have not accomplished in the past four seasons. General Manager Jim Rutherford's trade for Jordan Staal last year and his long term signing of Russian sniper Alexander Semin signaled that the Hurricanes are in win-now mode and they believe a championship is within grasp.
Despite lacking a lot of depth and talent, the Carolina Hurricanes organization has top-end prospects in the pipeline, including the offensively talented defenseman Ryan Murphy, and a potential rising offensive star in Victor Rask. There are also several good depth defensemen who, in the near future, could solidify the Carolina blue line.
- TV: Shomi shutting down
- 09/27/2016 07:10 PM - New York Mets at Miami Marlins
- Official Hollywood Top 36: 2016-17
- Movies: Star Wars: Rogue One Part II Countdown to the December release date
- 09/27/2016 07:05 PM - Baltimore Orioles at Toronto Blue Jays
- 09/27/2016 07:05 PM - Boston Red Sox at New York Yankees