Below is the bottom third of the NHL Team Rankings in terms of prospects as voted on by Hockey's Future staff. To determine the ranking, each team's entire prospect pool was taken into consideration. For reference, just the top five prospects are listed. To be eligible, a prospect must meet HF's prospect criteria. The rankings are done twice a year, with the second scheduled to be published in the Spring.
The Hurricanes were arguably the NHL’s busiest team the past six months, adding Jordan Staal and Alexander Semin to their top six while committing more than $150 million in guaranteed money to both their new acquisitions and their core players.
The focus is clearly on winning — and winning now. Carolina traded one of their top prospects in defenseman Brian Dumoulin to Pittsburgh to land Staal, and the one-year deal for Semin shows that Carolina’s braintrust is willing to take a risk.
- CHL ban to EU import goalies - was it worth?
- Tarasenko/Blues give fan a special birthday present
- NBC to use Dallas announcers for Sunday's B's/Stars game and that is OK
- GDT: #59| New York Islanders @ Detroit Red Wings | February 21st | 7:30 PM | F/TBD
- Guys - Beard Oil.... Do you use it?
- Proposal: Cgy-dal