Despite the fact that seven NHL preseason games were played on Monday night, most of the prospect highlights were confined to two Eastern Conference tilts. In one game, a trio of prospects led an offensive outburst, while a goaltending prospect turned in a stellar outing in the other. Read more»
It was Split Squad Mania on Day 2 of the 2014 NHL preseason slate as eight of the 12 games played involved teams icing a split squad. Seemingly more chances for NHL prospects to shine, but in the end only a handful of notable performances from the youngsters. Read more»
The New York Rangers recent long run through the 2014 postseason took many surprise. A solid team, well coached to highlight its strengths, New York's playoff success was a group effort. The team's top marquee player, Rick Nash, was not very effective during the playoffs, however, the team's speed and signature defense caused opponents quite a bit of trouble.
The New York Rangers have had a big turnover in their top prospects over the last few years, as more and more young players have cracked their NHL roster. Chris Kreider, who has been a top prospect since he was drafted in 2009, has graduated after being the franchise's best prospect for the last three years.
- Player Discussion Ranking our Defensemen (In Terms of Value) #2
- PGDT-Poll: #26| St. Louis Blues @ New York Islanders | Players of the game poll | F/TBD
- 12/08/2016 08:35 PM - Nashville Predators at Dallas Stars
- Should the Leafs have taken Laine 1OA?
- Proposal: Montreal - Toronto
- 12/08/2016 08:05 PM - New York Rangers at Winnipeg Jets