Obviously, the 2010-11 NHL season was from the Colorado Avalanche perspective a forgettable one. The team finished a mere six points ahead of the cellar-dwelling Edmonton Oilers. Matt Duchene was the team’s leading scorer in just his second season in the league, but the goaltending trio of Craig Anderson, Peter Budaj and Brian Elliott all posted save percentages under .900. Legendary Avs Peter Forsberg and Adam Foote each played their last games in the NHL that season as well, signalling the closing of an era of dominance. Read more»
It would be easy to overlook the prospects that the Colorado Avalanche have developing in the NCAA and Europe, simply because none are flashy prospects. All were drafted after the third round and none are even the superstars on their own teams. To overlook these four prospects, however, would be a huge mistake as all of them look to be making strides that will, ultimately, find them playing in the pro ranks soon.
Despite having a rather shallow system outside of the pro ranks, the Colorado Avalanche slowly amassed one of the deepest pools of professional prospects in the NHL. From Stefan Elliott to Michael Sgarbossa and Mark Olver, the team has a wealth of pro prospects able to make the jump to the NHL when called upon. Throw in four goaltending prospects in the minors with the potential to play in the NHL, and the upcoming season promises to be worth watching for the Avs' prospects.
- 07/23/2016 09:30 PM ET - UFC on Fox 20 - Bantamweight 5 rounds
- 07/23/2016 09:00 PM ET - UFC on Fox 20 - Lightweight 3 rounds
- Speculation: Who gets more money on the open market Marchand or Hoffman?
- 07/23/2016 08:30 PM ET - UFC on Fox 20 - Heavyweight 3 rounds
- 07/23/2016 08:00 PM ET - UFC on Fox 20 - Strawweight 3 rounds
- 07/23/2016 09:05 PM ET - Tampa Bay Rays at Oakland Athletics