With their first playoff appearance after just six years removed, the Calgary Flames continue to develop in the right direction with their current system of prospects, coaches and management in place. One bright spot this past season was Micheal Ferland, who was one of six players picked by Calgary in the 2010 NHL Entry draft. Ferland provided a physical presence during the first round of the playoffs, along with timely offensive contributions to help eliminate the Vancouver Canucks.
Along with Ferland, the Flames selected Max Reinhart, John Ramage, and Bill Arnold in the 2010 draft class, which is developing into a hard-working group of prospects that are starting to contribute and make an impact at the NHL level.
- Rumor: Friedman about possible NHL salaries of Shipachev and Dadonov
- GDT: GAME #73: Canucks @ Blues | 5:00 p.m. PST, Sportsnet Pacific
- How good was McDavid tonight?
- Would you consider Sean Couturier a disappointment?
- Tavares vs Seguin vs Backstrom
- Non Sabres fans how do you assess the job Tim Murray's done so far?