The Ottawa Senators have nine prospects presently at the junior level led by former first round picks Cody Ceci, Stefan Noesen, and Matt Puempel. The organization addressed its weak goaltending depth in the 2012 entry draft by selecting Chris Driedger of the WHL and Francois Brassard of the QMJHL, both of whom are having strong seasons. The lone junior prospect Ottawa has outside of Canadain major junior is Robbie Baillargeon of the USHL.
The future of the Ottawa Senators looks bright. The Senators are considered to have one of the better pools of young talent in the NHL and, while some top draftees have recently cemented themselves on the Ottawa roster, most notably Erik Karlsson and Jared Cowen, there are many prospects on the verge of becoming solid NHL contributors in the near future. The club has quality and various skill-sets in all positions and has worked to draft where they previously had weak depth.
As an organization, the Ottawa Senators were able to gain invaluable experience during the recent playoff season. The NHL club exceeded most predictions and made the playoffs in what was supposed to be a rebuilding season. Many observers credited a portion of their success to a core group of young players who played a major role in the Binghamton Senators championship run in the 2010-11 AHL playoffs.
- Sergi Bobrovski - Top Cop
- Can Crosby outscore McDavid anymore?
- Red Wings/Avalanche brawl is 20 years old
- GDT: #75| Nashville Predators @ New York Islanders | March 27th | 7:00 PM | F/TBD
- GDT: #76 | Senators at FLYERS | Tuesday, March 28, 2017 | 7:00 pm ET | TCN-PH, RDS2, TSN5
- GDT: Game 75: Arizona Clayton Kellers Vs. St. Louis Non-Kellers - 5 PM - FSAZ