Winning the Stanley Cup is a proud moment for an the entire organization from top to bottom, but while the players, coaching staff, and upper management get much of the publicized credit, scouting and development personnel rarely get their due praise.
Thanks to graduations and trades, Thomas Hickey was the only former first-round pick among the Los Angeles Kings’ prospects last season. Thin on high-profile selections, the Kings system was replete with well-rounded players seeking to strengthen their identity to carve niches at the next level. However, it was also brimming with character, industriousness, and a number of players who exceeded expectations. Shifting from high selections and home-run swings, the Kings have sought to invest later selections shrewdly as they have solidified their pro roster, which captured the Stanley Cup this past season.
Not long ago, Jordan Nolan was at an impasse in his hockey career. Today, he finds himself competing for the greatest trophy in all of sport.
- How likely is the departure of Dinamo Rīga from KHL in the next few years?
- Proposal: Trouba for Hanifin
- NFL Preseason: Cincinnati Bengals @ Jacksonville Jaguars | 8/28/16 | 8PM ET
- NFL Preseason: Arizona Cardinals @ Houston Texans | 8/28/16 | 4:25PM ET
- NFL Preseason: San Diego Chargers @ Minnesota Vikings | 8/28/16 | 1PM ET
- What if the Rangers Do Not Make Another Significant Preseason Trade