The last remnants of the old empire haven't quite all been swept away, but with the waiving in Colton Gillies in January, the 2007 draft will be notable for the late round picks that seem to be tracking well. And while having yet another first round pick fail to stick with a team seems disastrous, the 2007 draft has provided some decent depth for the Wild organization.
In 2006-07 the Wild scored the fewest goals of any team in the league, yet grabbed the seventh playoff seed in the West based on the strengths of an excellent year from
Although Mikael Granlund remains the Wild's number one prospect, the depth for the Minnesota Wild continues to improve under Chuck Fletcher's watch. With the draft taking place on home turf, the Wild made a wise but somewhat surprising move to add another blue-chip defense prospect in Jonas Brodin. They then traded pending free agent Brent Burns for two prospects, Charlie Coyle and Zack Phillips, the latter selected with San Jose's first round pick. The addition of these players can only improve the long-term outlook of the franchise.
- 07/30/2016 11:30 PM ET - Leicester vs PSG at Carson, CA - ESPN
- 07/30/2016 10:05 PM ET - AC Milan vs Liverpool at Santa Clara, CA - ESPN
- 07/30/2016 05:05 PM ET - Bayern Munchen vs Inter Milan at Charlotte, NC - ESPN
- Hearthstone #5 - One Night in Karazhan
- 07/30/2016 03:05 PM ET - Chelsea vs Real Madrid at Ann Arbor, MI - ESPN
- Damn Daniel!