With the Boston Bruins finishing just two points out of a playoff spot last year, Peter Chiarelli leaving Boston for the Edmonton Oilers, and long-time Bruin and fan favorite Milan Lucic being traded to the Los Angeles Kings in the offseason, many experts pegged the Bruins as a rebuilding team. Incoming General Manager Don Sweeney adamantly disagreed—despite the fact the team had three first-round picks on draft day. Read more»
The American Hockey League has switched its conference format for the 2015-16 season as there are now two divisions in each conference. In the Eastern Conference, it’s now the Atlantic and North Divisions – with the Manchester Monarchs, Worcester Sharks and Norfolk Admirals no longer AHL franchises. All three have re-located west as the league has added five teams in California as part of the AHL’s western expansion. Read more»
The Boston Bruins strength at the NHL level has always been down the middle and that is no different in their prospect system. The Bruins helped filled out some issues on the wing during the 2014 NHL Draft this past summer with first round pick David Pastrnak, but still remain thin along the boards.
- Rumor: Friedman about possible NHL salaries of Shipachev and Dadonov
- GDT: GAME #73: Canucks @ Blues | 5:00 p.m. PST, Sportsnet Pacific
- How good was McDavid tonight?
- Would you consider Sean Couturier a disappointment?
- Tavares vs Seguin vs Backstrom
- Non Sabres fans how do you assess the job Tim Murray's done so far?