The Chicago Blackhawks possess a deep pool of blueliners at the collegiate level, from imposing physical presences like Stephen Johns and Michael Paliotta to smooth skaters Justin Holl and Nick Mattson. Centers Kevin Hayes, a first round draft choice in 2010, and Drew LeBlanc, recently signed as a free agent out of St. Cloud State, are also high-profile prospects who developed at the NCAA level in 2012-13.
Three of the Blackhawks' new additions from the 2012 NHL Draft make their debut in the new edition of the team's top 20 rankings, but the most significant storylines heading into the season belong to the prospects playing at the pro level. The NHL work stoppage will lead to a bevy of talent in the Rockford IceHogs lineup, including players like Nick Leddy, Marcus Kruger, and Brandon Saad who would have had a good chance of breaking camp with a spot in the Blackhawks lineup.
- Filip Forsberg is the first player with back-to-back hat tricks in 7 years
- Proposal: Andy Greene at the deadline
- Confirmed with Link: Ducks Acquire RW Patrick Eaves for Conditional 2017 2nd
- Confirmed with Link: Eaves to Anaheim for cond. 2nd
- Confirmed Trade with Link: [ANA/DAL] Patrick Eaves for conditional 2017 2nd round pick
- Stand Up Specials Reviews