The season may have ended on a disappointing note for the Colorado Avalanche but the short postseason run was an invaluable experience for some of the Avalanche’s young prospects. Joey Hishon made his long-awaited NHL debut and Brad Malone and Paul Carey got their first glimpse at what the NHL playoffs are all about.
Every Avalanche prospect playing professionally are currently in Cleveland playing for the Lake Erie Monsters with the exception of goaltenders Kieran Millan and Kent Patterson who are in Denver playing for the Denver Cutthroats of the Central Hockey League.
The Colorado Avalanche are off to a hot start this season and youngsters like Matt Duchene, Gabriel Landeskog, and Nathan MacKinnon are big reasons for their early success. What all three have in common is that they were able to jump immediately from the junior ranks to the NHL after being drafted.
- Lebrun "I honestly believe that Colorado's ownership no longer cares about the team".
- Line Combos: Line combos for the 17\18 season
- Proposal: Teams with bad contracts to move
- Olle Lycksell - Linköping J20, Superelit (2017, 186th, PHI)
- Which Canadian team/s are least likely to make the playoffs next season?
- How good was Matthews season really?