The Vancouver Canucks' prospect pool may not be considered deep, but the organization has a number of players that project well within the team's puck-possession system. The current roster, laden with veterans drafted by the club, has been carefully chosen out of necessity. The team's regular season success in recent years has forced the organization to pick near the end of each draft round but the system has been improved with shrewd scouting and astute free-agent signings.
Finishing among the top teams in the NHL five of the last six years has taken a toll on the Vancouver Canucks prospect pool. Aside from having a perennially low draft spot, the organization has either traded or graduated most of their top prospects. Consequentially the Canucks inaugural prospect awards are dominated by mostly complementary and depth players, with winger Nicklas Jensen being the possible exception.
- CHL ban to EU import goalies - was it worth?
- Tarasenko/Blues give fan a special birthday present
- NBC to use Dallas announcers for Sunday's B's/Stars game and that is OK
- GDT: #59| New York Islanders @ Detroit Red Wings | February 21st | 7:30 PM | F/TBD
- Guys - Beard Oil.... Do you use it?
- Proposal: Cgy-dal