Due to the NHL lockout, anyone with a two-way contract was able to hone their skills at the AHL level in Bridgeport while they waited for the NHL to resume. This increased the overall level of play in the AHL, which has been good for the overall development of the New York Islanders' prospects.
The 2012 NHL Entry Draft proved to be very defensive for the New York Islanders as they shocked the hockey world by selecting a defensemen with each of their seven picks. The move gave them great depth on the blue line, where a team can never have enough bodies. In the previous two drafts they selected two high scoring forwards.
The New York Islanders prospect pool is loaded with talent from top to bottom. General Manager Garth Snow has done an excellent job of stockpiling a deep pool of very promising prospects. At almost every position there is a player with the upside to emerge to the top of the depth chart, which is tremendous for the future of a struggling franchise such as the Islanders. Only time will tell however whether these prospects can put everything together and reach their potential.
- Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap/Lines etc. Part LXXV (Dog Days - Woof!)
- London Knights 2016 Off-Season Thread (part 2)
- Useless Thread MDCXIX - Gord Downie Appreciation Thread
- Offensive skill players athleticism
- 08/25/2016 05:40 PM - Saratoga - RACE 9 RISKAVERSE STAKES
- 2016 New England Sports Survey hits Bruins hard