The fall Top 20 list for the Los Angeles Kings saw the rise of some question marks about players like Jordan Weal, Nikolai Prokhorkin, and Jonny Brodzinski. Could they excel in new surroundings? Could they follow up strong years with better ones? How will they progress from the previous season?
After the 2006, 2007, and 2008 drafts yielded core members of the Kings future Stanley Cup run, the 2009 draft also yielded several key players.
With the Manchester Monarchs losing four incredibly key players to NHL call-ups, you would expect that the team would struggle this year with a lack of scoring or depth. However, with several new players and old role players stepping up, the Monarchs have remained an incredibly competitive hockey team and sit atop the AHL's Eastern Conference.
The Los Angeles Kings did not have much time after a conference finals exit at the hands of the Blackhawks to ready themselves for the 2013 NHL Draft. Nonetheless the Kings managed to pick up several quality players, including what was widely considered the steal of the draft in Valentin Zykov.
- In a points league and thinking of taking Holtby at #2 behind Crosby.
- GDT: Pre-Season Game 5 - Ducks @ Coyotes - 6:00PM
- Sooooo...what exactly was the conservative movement????
- Who will have more goals this year? (Coyle vs Nino)
- Do you think Mike Hoffman can score 40+ goals?
- Pre-Game Talk: Pre-Season | Game 4 | Canucks @ Sharks | 5 PM | Sportsnet 360