The Boston Bruins strength at the NHL level has always been down the middle and that is no different in their prospect system. The Bruins helped filled out some issues on the wing during the 2014 NHL Draft this past summer with first round pick David Pastrnak, but still remain thin along the boards.
If based on the sheer size of the league and the types of contracts that can be handed out, as well as what is clearly a generally outstanding level of ice hockey, most will tell you that the KHL is the best hockey league in Europe. Still, you’ll find many who’ll say there’s no better level of hockey combining pure, proven international competitiveness and the ability to integrate and foster young, excellent talent than in Sweden’s SHL. Read more»
The Boston Bruins have turned to some of their young guns like Reilly Smith, Dougie Hamilton, Torey Krug and others to jump into the lineup and produce right away. With the Bruins’ current cap troubles, there is a good chance that top prospects like David Pastrnak, Ryan Spooner, and Alexander Khokhlachev will be to do the same.
The Boston Bruins 2013-14 season did not end the way the Bruins hoped and were exposed by a very skilled and quick Montreal Canadiens team. There will be changes this offseason and that could start right at the NHL Draft. The Bruins will likely be active on the trade market, and could dangle some of their top prospects as trade bait.
- 07/23/2016 09:30 PM ET - UFC on Fox 20 - Bantamweight 5 rounds
- 07/23/2016 09:00 PM ET - UFC on Fox 20 - Lightweight 3 rounds
- Speculation: Who gets more money on the open market Marchand or Hoffman?
- 07/23/2016 08:30 PM ET - UFC on Fox 20 - Heavyweight 3 rounds
- 07/23/2016 08:00 PM ET - UFC on Fox 20 - Strawweight 3 rounds
- 07/23/2016 09:05 PM ET - Tampa Bay Rays at Oakland Athletics