The 2011 NHL Draft was the unveiling of the Winnipeg Jets 2.0. After yet another of many subpar seasons in Atlanta, the Jets were awarded with the 7th overall pick.
The Thrashers did trade away their second round pick as well as Ivan Vishnevskiy to the Chicago Blackhawks for Andrew Ladd. The Blackhawks used the pick to select Adam Clendening.
With the Olympic break in February, most NHL teams played only a half dozen games or so during the month of February. But that was enough time for Colorado's Nathan MacKinnon to widen his lead in the Calder Trophy poll, being a unanimous selection as the leader in the monthly poll by the Hockey's Future staff.
With several scattered injuries at the NHL level, including blue chip defenseman Jacob Trouba at one point, no less than seven AHL regulars have seen spot duty with the Winnipeg Jets this season. When not plugging holes at the NHL level, the St. John's IceCaps have provided stingy opposition to the rest of the AHL this season.
- Player Discussion Ranking our Defensemen (In Terms of Value) #2
- PGDT-Poll: #26| St. Louis Blues @ New York Islanders | Players of the game poll | F/TBD
- 12/08/2016 08:35 PM - Nashville Predators at Dallas Stars
- Should the Leafs have taken Laine 1OA?
- Proposal: Montreal - Toronto
- 12/08/2016 08:05 PM - New York Rangers at Winnipeg Jets