Toronto, ON – The Canadian Hockey League today announced that Mathieu Corbeil of the Saint John Sea Dogs is the Vaughn CHL Goaltender of the Week for the playoff week ending May 6 after posting two wins with a goals-against-average of 1.60 and save percentage of .931.
Corbeil backstopped the Sea Dogs to two straight wins to open the QMJHL Finals against the Rimouski Oceanic. In Game 1 on Friday night, he stopped 40 shots including 15 in extra time to help the Sea Dogs hold onto a 3-2 victory in double overtime. The Sea Dogs put together another 3-2 victory in Game 2 of the Championship Series on Saturday night with Corbeil making 14 saves in the win.
Corbeil, a 20-year-old from Montreal, Quebec, is playing in his fourth QMJHL season after joining the Sea Dogs midway through last season. He was selected in the fourth round of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft by the Columbus Blue Jackets and has posted an impressive 14-0-1-0 record so far in the 2012 playoffs with a goals-against-average of 2.20 and save percentage of .916.
- 07/30/2016 11:30 PM ET - Leicester vs PSG at Carson, CA - ESPN
- 07/30/2016 10:05 PM ET - AC Milan vs Liverpool at Santa Clara, CA - ESPN
- 07/30/2016 05:05 PM ET - Bayern Munchen vs Inter Milan at Charlotte, NC - ESPN
- Hearthstone #5 - One Night in Karazhan
- 07/30/2016 03:05 PM ET - Chelsea vs Real Madrid at Ann Arbor, MI - ESPN
- Damn Daniel!