While the NHL season has been altogether disappointing for the Anaheim Ducks, fans should take solace in the fact that the AHL team is not having a particularly bad season. They started quite hot, cooled considerably in November but started to come back around in December. With the current way the AHL is structured, with the Pacific playing fewer games, it is hard to get a handle on just how they compare with the rest of the league as of right now. Personnel moves in the organization will also affect the team as the season enters its critical second-half.
The revamped WCHA is comprised of ten teams that made up parts of last season’s WCHA, the now-defunct CCHA, and one of the two now former independent programs. The parity and the recent successes by some of the member schools make the WCHA very competitive and well worth watching in 2013-14.
The first edition of the 2012-13 College Prospects Notebook takes a look some notable (and not so notable) prospect performances from around college hockey. Unless otherwise indicated, all stats are current as of Oct. 31.
This is the final season of the WCHA as we know it. The conference will undergo a sweeping change next season, with eight members exiting the WCHA. Minnesota and Wisconsin will be joining the newly formed Big Ten (Hockey) conference. Colorado College, Denver, Minnesota-Duluth, Nebraska-Omaha, North Dakota, and St. Cloud State will comprise much of the new National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC). The remaining teams will be members of the revamped WCHA.
- 07/23/2016 09:30 PM ET - UFC on Fox 20 - Bantamweight 5 rounds
- 07/23/2016 09:00 PM ET - UFC on Fox 20 - Lightweight 3 rounds
- Speculation: Who gets more money on the open market Marchand or Hoffman?
- 07/23/2016 08:30 PM ET - UFC on Fox 20 - Heavyweight 3 rounds
- 07/23/2016 08:00 PM ET - UFC on Fox 20 - Strawweight 3 rounds
- 07/23/2016 09:05 PM ET - Tampa Bay Rays at Oakland Athletics