To say the Chicago Blackhawks have a fondness for developing players in Europe and at the collegiate level is an understatement. 23 prospects laced up either overseas or in college for the 2015-16 season, and a handful had standout seasons for their respective teams. This route of developing talent has become a recent trend in Chicago, with Jonathan Toews, Niklas Hjalmarsson, and Teuvo Teravainen being just a few success stories for the Blackhawks. Read more»
It’s no secret the Chicago Blackhawks have a knack for scouting and developing young talent. In fact, it is one of the prime reasons the Blackhawks have been one of the premiere franchises in the NHL for the past seven seasons. Due to this success, they continue to draft near the end of each round. Nevertheless, general manager Stan Bowman has managed to assemble an impressive system at nearly every position.
Welcome to the January 2015 edition of On the Rush, a monthly column featuring prospects at various levels of competition who are either exceeding expectations or falling a little behind.
- Prospect Info: Kasimir Kaskisuo interview (*Finnish)
- one day they'll find it and be reminded
- GDT: 03/25/17 - Canucks @ Wild - 1PM CT / 8PM Finland - FS-N
- Felix Potvin and the Leafs- where did it all go wrong?
- What caused Loui Eriksson and Troy Brouwer to decline so much?
- Need Help With Song From Detroit vs Tampa Bay