Built almost entirely out of the later rounds of the draft, the San Jose Sharks NCAA prospect pool features a good mix of size and a small handful of potential NHL regulars. Of the 10 Sharks prospects who played college hockey during the 2012-13 season, eight were selected in the fifth round or later.
The San Jose Sharks prospect pool continues to get better and better. The 2012-13 season has been a strong one for development, and while there looks to be a gap in high-end skill after top prospect Tomas Hertl, a number of prospects have really played themselves into the limelight and have shown at times an ability to possibly fill that gap.
Below is the bottom third of the NHL Team Rankings in terms of prospects as voted on by Hockey's Future staff. To determine the ranking, each team's entire prospect pool was taken into consideration. For reference, just the top five prospects are listed. To be eligible, a prospect must meet HF's prospect criteria. The rankings are done twice a year, with the second scheduled to be published in the Spring.
- In a points league and thinking of taking Holtby at #2 behind Crosby.
- GDT: Pre-Season Game 5 - Ducks @ Coyotes - 6:00PM
- Sooooo...what exactly was the conservative movement????
- Who will have more goals this year? (Coyle vs Nino)
- Do you think Mike Hoffman can score 40+ goals?
- Pre-Game Talk: Pre-Season | Game 4 | Canucks @ Sharks | 5 PM | Sportsnet 360