Many of the Philadelphia Flyers prospects who performed well this past season came from the most recent draft class. There was Ivan Provorov, expected to be the team’s top defensive prospect, and Travis Konency, who proved his first-round selection was a good decision by the Flyers.
There were several other players who had good seasons, including goaltender Merrick Madsen and little-known sixth-round pick Cooper Marody. While it was a successful year for many of Philadelphia’s prospects, some of them struggled.
Thirteen drafted goaltenders played in the NCAA in the 2015-16 season. Hockey’s Future takes a closer look at the top five netminders with NHL ties, all of whom were among the nominees for this year’s Mike Richter Award. This ranking is based on season performance, overall developmental progress, and NHL potential. Read more»
Down 3-2 with less than 10 minutes to go in last year’s Frozen Four championship game, Providence College scored two third period goals to stun favored Boston University as the Friars went on to a 4-3 victory to take the National Championship. Almost a year later, the Friars embark on their quest to repeat as NCAA champions as they are one of four schools to compete in the Northeast Regional of the 2016 NCAA Hockey Tournament. Read more»
- Why do players get so much flak for not having a Cup on their resume?
- Value of: Evander Kane To Vancouver
- 54th Obsequious Banter Thread - Studio 54 Edition
- 07/26/2016 08:10 PM ET - New York Yankees at Houston Astros
- 07/26/2016 07:10 PM ET - Chicago Cubs at Chicago White Sox
- 07/26/2016 07:10 PM ET - Washington Nationals at Cleveland Indians