The Dallas Stars, amid management and coaching changes, have gathered quite an impressive herd of prospects in recent years. The aforementioned front office changes obviously have a trickle-down effect with regard to the on-ice product and as a result, many of these terrific prospects have gotten at least a taste of NHL action.
The Dallas Stars, now under the new management of long time Red Wings assistant General Manager Jim Nill, continue to augment their stellar prospect group. Adding blue-chip prospect Valeri Nichushkin really helps to push the Stars further into the elite category among league-wide cupboards.
Despite a resolute late push by the now-younger Dallas Stars in the regular season, they were unable to clinch a playoff berth for the fifth consecutive season. And once again, upheaval was afoot. The Stars sacked head coach Glen Gulutzan after two seasons but not before canning general manager Joe Nieuwendyk as well. Conversely, at the minor league level, the Texas Stars enjoyed a very successful regular season and won a playoff round.
- Patrick Kane for MVP...why not?
- Worst city for UFA/Waiving no trade
- Pre-Game Talk: GAME #74 | LEAFS @ SABRES | HNIC, SAT MAR. 25, 7:00pm ET | KEYBANK CENTER
- Sens will play two games against the Avs in Stockholm Sweden next season.
- Which player production/stats have surprised you when you noticed this season?
- Teemu's 2017 7-round mock draft