The Phantoms' franchise, even before it moved to Glens Falls to become the Adirondack Phantoms, has been in a state of struggle underneath a successful NHL franchise. This comes despite a large amount of success from drafted prospects. The Phantoms have not really been successful since winning the Calder Cup during the NHL lockout year of 2004-05. Two early exits from the postseason over the course of what will be seven seasons of hockey does not suggest a steady foundation of prospects on which to build an NHL franchise.
The Abbotsford Heat finished comfortably in fourth place in the AHL Western Conference for the 2011-12 regular season, playing in the Calder Cup Playoffs after missing them in the previous year. The Heat swept through the first round but was beaten in five games by the Toronto Marlies in the second round of the playoffs. The team lost to a Marlies team that would end up playing for the Calder Cup.
- Rumor: Friedman about possible NHL salaries of Shipachev and Dadonov
- GDT: GAME #73: Canucks @ Blues | 5:00 p.m. PST, Sportsnet Pacific
- How good was McDavid tonight?
- Would you consider Sean Couturier a disappointment?
- Tavares vs Seguin vs Backstrom
- Non Sabres fans how do you assess the job Tim Murray's done so far?