The New York Islanders went into the 2011 NHL Draft with a top five pick for a third consecutive season. The franchise had selected John Tavares with the first overall pick in 2009 and Nino Niederreiter with the fifth overall pick in 2010. They went into the draft looking to add another cornerstone as a rebuilding franchise. Read more»
The 2012 NHL Entry Draft proved to be very defensive for the New York Islanders as they shocked the hockey world by selecting a defensemen with each of their seven picks. The move gave them great depth on the blue line, where a team can never have enough bodies. In the previous two drafts they selected two high scoring forwards.
- Confirmed with Link: Leafs Qualify Sparks/Hyman/Brown | Bibeau/Griffith Not
- Tickets for visiting fans?
- Site Issues -- Please Read
- Confirmed with Link: QOs for Tierney, Sorensen and Goodrow
- Nylanders next contract
- Speculation: Armchair GM Thread: The other one was locked and LazarBeams asked for a new one so I