With the Los Angeles Kings hoisting their first Stanley Cup and every major hockey tournament around the world finally finished, the attention of the hockey world can now focus on the 2012 NHL Draft.
Here's a look at Hockey's Future's top 10 prospects from the Western Hockey League, a group that includes a large batch of elite defensemen.
Last week, the National Hockey League engaged in its annual ritual of interviewing, testing, and examining the top players eligible for the 2012 Entry Draft. The 105 prospects that attended the Combine were poked, prodded and questioned, as well as given psychological tests. The difference this year is that there were many more second-year eligible prospects in attendance, and maybe more importantly, many draft eligible prospects had endured injury shortened seasons, which resulted in different concerns on the part of the NHL teams.
For the NHL team that is in the market for a puck-rushing, offensive defenseman at the 2012 NHL Draft, Moose Jaw Warriors rearguard Morgan Rielly just might fit the bill.
Name Pos Birthdate S/C Ht. Wt. Team League
1. Yakupov, Nail, LW 10/6/93 L 5.10.5 189 Sarnia OHL
- Japanese Ice Hockey Prodigy Aito Iguchi
- 10/02/2016 01:00 PM - Buffalo Bills at New England Patriots
- 10/02/2016 01:00 PM - Cleveland Browns at Washington Redskins
- 10/02/2016 09:30 AM - Indianapolis Colts vs Jacksonville Jaguars - London
- The 2016-17 Ultimate Pool Preview is officially out!
- Expansion question