The Hockey's Future Calder Trophy poll for November reflected the depth of the 2013-14 rookie class as 22 players received votes from members of the staff. This month's Top 10 was impacted by several early season call-ups who have emerged while a handful of players who opened the season with a bang but then cooled off are no longer in this month's Top 10 (actually eleven since there was a tie for the 10th spot).
Playing for a disappointing Ottawa 67's team that was one of the weaker teams in the OHL last season, Calgary Flames rookie Sean Monahan was overshadowed by forwards such as Nathan MacKinnon and Jonathan Drouin of the Memorial Cup-winning Halifax Mooseheads heading into the 2013 NHL Draft.
The Colorado Avalanche are off to a hot start this season and youngsters like Matt Duchene, Gabriel Landeskog, and Nathan MacKinnon are big reasons for their early success. What all three have in common is that they were able to jump immediately from the junior ranks to the NHL after being drafted.
- 9-27-16 8 PM World Cup Final - Game 1 - FINAL SCORE - CBC, SN, ESPN, TVA
- Which prospect would you rather now and in the future?
- Speculation: Alex Tanguay - Any word?
- Best win that *DIDN'T* involve your NFL team/College you have felt as a football fan?
- HF Partner: Top Ranked Prospects
- HF Partner Meet a New Canuck: Philip Larsen