For much of the 2012-13 season, Portland Winterhawks defenseman Seth Jones was considered the consensus top prospect in the upcoming 2013 NHL Draft. With the Colorado Avalanche holding the top pick it appeared to be a foregone conclusion that Jones would be heading to Denver, where his father once played professional basketball and where Seth first started playing hockey.
If the pre-draft hype is to be believed, 2013 will be a banner year for draft-eligible players coming out of the QMJHL. Not only is the league celebrating their third consecutive Memorial Cup championship, this time led by a pair of draft-eligible Halifax Mooseheads in Nathan MacKinnon and Jonathan Drouin, but as many as eight or nine QMJHL players could be selected in the first round of this year's draft.
Portland Winterhawks defenseman Seth Jones had a nice run atop the ISS Hockey rankings for the 2013 NHL Draft. But, in that scouting organization's final release before next month's draft, Jones has been supplanted by the Halifax Mooseheads' Nathan MacKinnon as the top prospect according to ISS.
- CHL ban to EU import goalies - was it worth?
- Tarasenko/Blues give fan a special birthday present
- NBC to use Dallas announcers for Sunday's B's/Stars game and that is OK
- GDT: #59| New York Islanders @ Detroit Red Wings | February 21st | 7:30 PM | F/TBD
- Guys - Beard Oil.... Do you use it?
- Proposal: Cgy-dal