The U-18 World Junior Championship is set to begin in just a few short days, an event that could bring the last major shake-up in the rankings of the 2013 NHL Draft prospects. So it is no surprise that the pre-WJC release of ISS Hockey's ranking of the top 30 NHL Draft prospects sports few surprises, and instead reflects pretty much the status quo from the March rankings.
The February edition of International Scouting Service's ranking of the top 30 prospects for the 2013 NHL Draft shows some re-arrangement at the top of the rankings but slightly less volatility among the prospects outside the top 10.
The expectation for Canada is always the same: nothing short of a gold medal. But in recent history, the results have fallen short.
After a pair of silver medals and a bronze over the last three World Juniors, Canada was once again tasked with bringing home the gold at the 2013 World Junior Championship in Ufa, Russia.
- GDT: #76| New York Islanders @ Philadelphia Flyers | March 30th | 7:00 PM | F/TBD
- Coaches and or GMs that will be sacked once the season ends
- Point vs Larkin
- Kane/Toews vs Ovechkin/Backstrom
- Backstrom may finish 2nd or 3rd in points and once again will probably get no awards
- Will Connor Hellebuyck become an elite NHL goalie?