It is crazy what a difference a year can make for a hockey player. Hockey has ebbs and flows game to game, but sometimes year to year, as well. The Los Angeles Kings prospect pool has endured a lot of turnover in the last few seasons. As some old assets have come and gone, new faces have arrived and new players have risen. Read more»
When a young hockey player is drafted, the first thing he does is thank his family. He turns to them, shakes their hands, and hugs them. It’s a sign of appreciation and respect, because he realizes the sacrifice made by those around him to get him to that point. It wasn’t just one person doing; it was a family effort. Read more»
The Los Angeles Kings have had an up and down season in 2014-15. They are a team that has struggled during the regular season year after year, but this year the team has faced other challenges. With suspensions, injuries, and inconsistent play from several veteran players, the Kings have turned towards some of the younger members to step forward. With a history of young players making a difference (Dwight King and Jordan Nolan in 2012, Tanner Pearson and Tyler Toffoli in 2014), it remains to be seen who will be the 2014-15 spark.
Welcome to the January 2015 edition of On the Rush, a monthly column featuring prospects at various levels of competition who are either exceeding expectations or falling a little behind.
- 07/23/2016 09:30 PM ET - UFC on Fox 20 - Bantamweight 5 rounds
- 07/23/2016 09:00 PM ET - UFC on Fox 20 - Lightweight 3 rounds
- Speculation: Who gets more money on the open market Marchand or Hoffman?
- 07/23/2016 08:30 PM ET - UFC on Fox 20 - Heavyweight 3 rounds
- 07/23/2016 08:00 PM ET - UFC on Fox 20 - Strawweight 3 rounds
- 07/23/2016 09:05 PM ET - Tampa Bay Rays at Oakland Athletics