Because the 2008 draft class produced so many big name stars, the other prospects that have yet to make the big show yet are often held to unrealistic standards, and written off as busts too soon. Zach Bogosian's future with the Jets/Thrashers franchise was in doubt at one point, and only in the 2011-12 season did he really show what the front office saw in him to take him third overall.
The Winnipeg Jets continue to rebuild their prospect pool, led by Mark Scheifele and Jacob Trouba. In the past two entry drafts, Jets' General Manager Kevin Cheveldayoff has started to realize a vision of a bigger, tougher, and grittier team. While the rebuild started with the 2011 Draft, solid progress is already being made. Below is a breakdown of all current prospects of the Winnipeg Jets.
Now entering their second season in Manitoba, the Winnipeg Jets are continuing the franchise rebuild that started in Atlanta. The Jets have focused on adding size and grit to through the last two drafts. Top prospect Mark Scheifele, along with a limited number of other prospects would have had an opportunity to makes the Jets out of training camp, but the NHL lockout put those plans on hold. Instead, these prospects will have the chance to dominate their respective leagues while their veteran brethren find colder pastures to ply their trade.
- In a points league and thinking of taking Holtby at #2 behind Crosby.
- GDT: Pre-Season Game 5 - Ducks @ Coyotes - 6:00PM
- Sooooo...what exactly was the conservative movement????
- Who will have more goals this year? (Coyle vs Nino)
- Do you think Mike Hoffman can score 40+ goals?
- Pre-Game Talk: Pre-Season | Game 4 | Canucks @ Sharks | 5 PM | Sportsnet 360