The Tampa Bay Lightning made some bold picks in the 2011 NHL Draft, selecting a trio of Russians with the first three of its six picks. Russian players have been selected more frequently in recent years, but 2011 wasn’t a banner year for the country as teams were reluctant to select its young players without assurances; only nine Russians were picked in the seven-round draft. Read more»
As the 2014 NHL preseason winds down, the number of prospects remaining with the big club has dwindled, as well. So, despite a night in which there were seven NHL games to choose from, only a handful of NHL prospects in those games stood out. And, as has been the case more than once in this preseason, the Tampa Bay Lightning provided those top prospect performances. Read more»
Despite a first round playoff exit to the Montreal Canadiens, Tampa Bay Lightning general manager Steve Yzerman has to be feeling pretty good about the position the organization is in right now. The Lightning finished a surprising second place in the Atlantic Division, with key contributions from young players like Tyler Johnson, Alex Killorn, and Ondrej Palat, among others.
- CHL ban to EU import goalies - was it worth?
- Tarasenko/Blues give fan a special birthday present
- NBC to use Dallas announcers for Sunday's B's/Stars game and that is OK
- GDT: #59| New York Islanders @ Detroit Red Wings | February 21st | 7:30 PM | F/TBD
- Guys - Beard Oil.... Do you use it?
- Proposal: Cgy-dal