Welcome to the February edition of On the Rush. It is getting down to crunch time, and soon the playoffs will commence for the players who have managed to advance. In hockey, momentum can be as much of a deciding factor in the postseason as seed order. This month, Hockey’s Future will have a league-by-league look at who is hot, and who is not—as we head into every hockey fan’s favorite time of the year. Read more»
It is crazy what a difference a year can make for a hockey player. Hockey has ebbs and flows game to game, but sometimes year to year, as well. The Los Angeles Kings prospect pool has endured a lot of turnover in the last few seasons. As some old assets have come and gone, new faces have arrived and new players have risen. Read more»
Without having too many high selections in recent drafts, the Los Angeles Kings have done quite well in growing their pipeline in areas of need. While the graduation of Martin Jones does hurt the goalie pipeline, they continue to stock up on useful centers and defenseman. While the wings might not be top-tier, there are some role players and quality players peppered throughout.
The KHL’s seventh season is underway and it will most likely be yet another interesting season to watch for several reasons, spanning from the always-fertile production of the Russian hockey schools to the acquisition of top Finnish team Jokerit Helsinki. Read more»
- How likely is the departure of Dinamo Rīga from KHL in the next few years?
- Proposal: Trouba for Hanifin
- NFL Preseason: Cincinnati Bengals @ Jacksonville Jaguars | 8/28/16 | 8PM ET
- NFL Preseason: Arizona Cardinals @ Houston Texans | 8/28/16 | 4:25PM ET
- NFL Preseason: San Diego Chargers @ Minnesota Vikings | 8/28/16 | 1PM ET
- What if the Rangers Do Not Make Another Significant Preseason Trade