The hosts of the 2012 NHL Draft, the Pittsburgh Penguins were expected to be among several teams actively seeking trades at or around the draft. Just several days prior to the event, Penguins General Manager Ray Shero stated that the team was going to aggressively shop one or two of their NHL defensemen.
The 2011-12 Ottawa Senators put together an impressive 41-win, 92-point season to finish in eighth place in the NHL Eastern Conference and qualify for the Stanley Cup Playoffs. In a season marked by third period comeback wins, they took the New York Rangers to the limit in the first round, eventually losing in seven games.
With the Los Angeles Kings hoisting their first Stanley Cup and every major hockey tournament around the world finally finished, the attention of the hockey world can now focus on the 2012 NHL Draft.
Last year, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins effectively ended the OHL's dominance atop the NHL Draft when he was selected first overall by the Edmonton Oilers. This year, the Oilers may start a new streak by calling an OHL player's name with the first pick for the fifth time in six years.
- In a points league and thinking of taking Holtby at #2 behind Crosby.
- GDT: Pre-Season Game 5 - Ducks @ Coyotes - 6:00PM
- Sooooo...what exactly was the conservative movement????
- Who will have more goals this year? (Coyle vs Nino)
- Do you think Mike Hoffman can score 40+ goals?
- Pre-Game Talk: Pre-Season | Game 4 | Canucks @ Sharks | 5 PM | Sportsnet 360