There was talk prior to the 2016 NHL Draft that hockey power Canada was in for a disappointing showing at the NHL’s annual re-stocking of young talent. And, while it is true that just two players that identified as Canadian were chosen among the top 10 selections in this year’s draft, the “Great White North” can rest comfortably knowing that they had a stronger showing overall in 2016 than was the case at the last couple of drafts. Read more»
To the surprise of few, the Toronto Maple Leafs used the first overall selection at the 2016 NHL Draft on center Auston Matthews, the player widely regarded as the draft’s top prospect. The talented center competed in Switzerland last season, but he should be a strong candidate to make the Maple Leafs roster for the start of the 2016-17 season. Read more»
All the questions have been asked by the media, while the eyes of scouts are now focused on draft lists. The only thing left now for the prospects heading into the 2016 NHL Draft is to find out which NHL club will call their names at the First Niagara Center in Buffalo, NY. Read more»
- Prospect Info: Flames prospect rankings: #16
- Why are there no women in the NHL?
- Friendliest/Unfriendliest Arenas to watch an Away team @
- OT: An NFL Team Is a Bad Deal for the Las Vegas Strip
- Player Discussion Ryan Nugent-Hopkins '16-17 and Beyond
- Speculation: More Players who need to be protected in an expansion draft.