Were it not for the recent success of Jesper Fast, the 2010 NHL draft would have been a complete swing-and-miss for the New York Rangers. General Manager Glen Sather and Director of Player Personnel Gordie Clark oversaw the club’s activity at the draft, and an emphasis on size and strength played a prominent role. Read more»
They had not yet formulated as the Arizona Coyotes in 2010, and their scouting staff was geared more towards drafting for immediate need, rather than best player available. Often a time of renewal and hope, the 2010 NHL Entry Draft originally presented the Coyotes with only four picks, and adding prospects to a depleted prospect pool became their focus.
The month of May is reserved for hockey championships, and this week’s Prospect Impressions takes a look at a trio of players who helped seal their team’s success. The NAHL, OHL, and USHL all concluded play, with a nice mix of top prospects and role players being the catalyst for those championships. In the AHL, one player potentially ready to make the jump to the NHL has been an unexpected beacon of hope for Hartford. Finally, what happens when nearly 500 pounds of mass collide in a hockey game? Prospects from the Los Angeles Kings and Calgary Flames answer that question for you in a collision that has to be seen to be believed. Read more»
- Premier League Matches 15:00 Saturday, 26th August 2017 HUDDERSFIELD V SOUTHAMPTON
- Premier League Matches 15:00 Saturday, 26th August 2017 CRYSTAL PALACE V SWANSEA
- Was Trevor Linden Really Even Better Than Cliff Ronning?
- Premier League Matches 12:30 Saturday, 26th August 2017 BOURNEMOUTH V MAN CITY
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! HockeyGoddess
- Datsyuk/Ovechkin vs Fedorov/Bure