Head coach Mark Morris’ first year with the Carolina Hurricanes AHL affiliate likely doesn’t look as he expected when he took the job last July. When the season opened, the Checkers had defenseman Brett Pesce and Jaccob Slavin—both first-year pros, but highly regarded prospects—penciled into the blueline, with the possibility that 2015 fifth overall pick Noah Hanifin could need some seasoning in Charlotte. Read more»
The return of Jordan Staal—and his new job centering brother Eric—has the Carolina Hurricanes off to a strong start in 2015. Unfortunately, the 2014 part of their schedule was not so kind. Despite a 6-2-1 record in January’s first nine games, the Hurricanes still reside near the bottom of the NHL standings, 20 points out of a playoff spot that has long been too far in the distance.
This season, Hockey East features 50 NHL prospects representing all the member schools. Notre Dame leads all Hockey East teams with 10 prospects, followed by Boston College with nine and Boston University with seven. Meanwhile, the University of Connecticut makes their Hockey East debut this season, bringing the number of member schools to 12. Read more»
- C Viljam Sandvik - LJK, FIN JRS (2021 NHL Draft)
- Xbox One EASHL: Ending of NHL 17/NHL 18 Beta club looking for members
- If you could pair any Dman in history with B.Orr...
- Top 15 agitators (or pest) in the NHL - #9
- Things about players you didn't know for a while
- Prospect Info: 2017 CFHF Prospect Rankings: #11