Traditionally, Switzerland holds their World Junior Championship preliminary camp in the snowy ski resort of Lenzerheide. But before this year's camp began, the Swiss took a major blow as their first-line center and Minnesota Wild draft choice Christoph Bertschy was injured during a National League A game with SC Bern. Not only is Bertschy an experienced player of two WJC's, but he would have served as team captain if he had remained healthy.
The preliminary round has come and gone at the 2013 U18 World Junior Championship, and Groups A and B each featured one fairly dominant team.
For two years running, Switzerland’s U18 team hasn’t been able to prevent itself from winding up in relegation round play. Once there, the teams have been able to finish on top and thus, seventh overall in the tournament. This year’s team is confident it can get over that hump and it will look at the performance of its U20 team in Ufa for inspiration.
- 9-27-16 8 PM World Cup Final - Game 1 - FINAL SCORE - CBC, SN, ESPN, TVA
- Which prospect would you rather now and in the future?
- Speculation: Alex Tanguay - Any word?
- Best win that *DIDN'T* involve your NFL team/College you have felt as a football fan?
- HF Partner: Top Ranked Prospects
- HF Partner Meet a New Canuck: Philip Larsen