Following a hot start to the season for the Rockford IceHogs, the AHL affiliate for the Chicago Blackhawks, the squad has settled into a familiar spot in the standings. The 'Hogs hold the eighth spot in the West with an 18-18-4-2 record but have played three to four more games than many other teams.
Last season, the Hamilton Bulldogs finished near the bottom of the AHL and failed to make the Calder Cup playoff, a fate similar to their parent club, the Montreal Canadiens. New General Manager, Marc Bergevin decided to bring in a completely new Bulldogs' coaching staff, adding a good mix of NHL and junior experience with head coach Sylvain Lefebvre, assistants Donald Dufresne, Ron Wilson, and goaltending coach Vincent Riendeau.
Using the 2012 NHL Draft, the Montreal Canadiens' greatly improved their organizational prospect pool over the past off-season. GM Marc Bergevin has changed the organizational philosophy by adding a bigger management staff, more scouting, and a development team to work with the prospects at all hockey levels and leagues.
- Lebrun "I honestly believe that Colorado's ownership no longer cares about the team".
- Line Combos: Line combos for the 17\18 season
- Proposal: Teams with bad contracts to move
- Olle Lycksell - Linköping J20, Superelit (2017, 186th, PHI)
- Which Canadian team/s are least likely to make the playoffs next season?
- How good was Matthews season really?