As with seemingly every Detroit Red Wings draft class, five years is almost too early to evaluate its success; that said, the Red Wings 2010 draft may have been the organization’s most successful since 2005, when the team took long-term contributors Justin Abdelkader, Jakub Kindl and Darren Helm.
It has been a gradual change, but the draft picks that have been laying in wait for the Detroit Red Wings have started to make their impact on the team’s NHL roster. As some graduate to the NHL others have filled their spots in the AHL, leaving Detroit’s system very top-heavy with prospects playing professionally.
Despite the fact that seven NHL preseason games were played on Monday night, most of the prospect highlights were confined to two Eastern Conference tilts. In one game, a trio of prospects led an offensive outburst, while a goaltending prospect turned in a stellar outing in the other. Read more»
- Confirmed with Link: Flames re-sign David Rittich and Jon Gillies to 1-year, 2-way deals
- 2017 Entry Draft ranking
- 2017-18 Wild Season Thread (Draft Review, Trade Block, News, Prospect Rankings)
- Value of: Mika Zibanejad [NYR] - Arbitration Scheduled Tues 7/25
- Do you think management resigns Boro
- Prospect Info: 2017 HF Devils Top 20 Prospect Rankings: #10