The Chicago Blackhawks went into the 2010 NHL Entry Draft plagued by uncertainty. Sure, the team was fresh off winning their first Stanley Cup in 49 years, but the celebration could only last so long. The fact of the matter was the Blackhawks were pressed against the salary cap, so the offseason would see general manager Stan Bowman make a flurry of trades and signings to ensure the Blackhawks were both cap-compliant and a Cup contender. It probably sounds familiar.
The Boston Bruins strength at the NHL level has always been down the middle and that is no different in their prospect system. The Bruins helped filled out some issues on the wing during the 2014 NHL Draft this past summer with first round pick David Pastrnak, but still remain thin along the boards.
The Boston Bruins have not been afraid to acquire prospects, whether by draft or trade. Love it or hate it, the Tyler Seguin trade gave the Bruins even more depth in their minor league system. Reilly Smith is currently in the NHL while Matt Fraser and Joe Morrow are considered to be close to NHL ready and valuable commodities.
- Which center from the 2011 draft do you take?
- Points Game FLA @ PIT 10/25/16 PICKS BEGIN AT 1 PM ET GAMEDAY
- 10/25/2016 08:05 - 2016 World Series - EXACT GAME ODDS
- GDT: #05 – Sabres at Flyers – Tue Oct 25, 7:30PM ET – NBCSN
- GDT: Panthers @ Penguins (no Letang, Crosby ?) 10/25/16 7pm
- Hold on to R.Panik or drop for...