The 2012-13 season has been a roller coaster ride for the Edmonton Oilers’ minor league affiliate, the Oklahoma City Barons. The lockout at the beginning of the season brought them a host of talent with the likes of Jordan Eberle, Taylor Hall, and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, to name a few. However, once the lockout ended, the Oilers quickly found themselves in injury trouble and the AHL’s Oklahoma City Barons were not only without the benefit of some added offense, but missing some of their key centermen as well. Despite this, the Barons have managed to soldier on and are currently vying for a playoff spot in the Western Conference of the AHL.
- Rumor: Friedman about possible NHL salaries of Shipachev and Dadonov
- GDT: GAME #73: Canucks @ Blues | 5:00 p.m. PST, Sportsnet Pacific
- How good was McDavid tonight?
- Would you consider Sean Couturier a disappointment?
- Tavares vs Seguin vs Backstrom
- Non Sabres fans how do you assess the job Tim Murray's done so far?